A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new health cost transparency PSA featuring hip hop legends.
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Cigna Healthcare Takes Action To Fight Food Insecurity Among Seniors
“Older adults are more likely to have various health conditions requiring specific diets to maintain and improve their health. Regular, reliable, healthy food can improve the health and vitality of those we serve, and we are committed to giving each person the opportunity to live well,” said J.B. Sobel, M.D., chief medical officer for Cigna Healthcare’s Medicare business.
- Fat Joe, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, French Montana, Chuck D, Unite with Power to the Patients in PSA Demanding Healthcare Price Transparency
The musicians call out hospitals and insurance companies that continue to hide prices by posting “estimates” or “average prices” instead of dollars and cents. This deception leads to the “stifling of competition, overcharges, fear, debt, and devastation all over the country.”
- Inflation Is Making Us Sick, Physically and Financially
“Inflation may be subsiding, but the damage it wrought will stay with us for a long time,” says Debt.com founder and chairperson Howard Dvorkin, CPA. “Medical debt was a growing problem before inflation, even before the pandemic. Now it’s becoming a crisis.”
- Black Health Matters Summit & Expo Returns to Los Angeles
This event is like none other, connecting medical clinicians, authorities on health, wellness and chronic illness, patient advocates and celebrity guests who are eager to bring health awareness to the public.
- Breast Health Basics: What is a Mammogram and Why You Need One
Breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in American women and early detection is the best protection. When you get a mammogram, it can detect breast cancer up to three years earlier than when symptoms show up.
- Cartwheel Raises $20 Million Series A Funding to Tackle the Student Mental Health Crisis
When a school district partners with Cartwheel, school counselors can refer students for clinical mental health services with no waitlists. Cartwheel’s in-house team of licensed clinicians delivers evidence-based telehealth services, including 1-1 therapy, group therapy, parent guidance, and medication support – all as an in-network benefit covered by the family’s insurance.
- Novo Nordisk and Evotec collaborate to launch LAB eN², a translational drug discovery accelerator, to address innovation gap in cardiometabolic diseases
“With the launch of LAB eN² and our collaboration with these institutions, there is a tremendous opportunity to address this longstanding gap and help move innovative science forward and seek to make a significant impact on people living with chronic conditions,” said Uli Stilz, Head of Novo Nordisk’s Bio Innovation Hub in Boston.
- ELEHEAR Releases Alpha Pro: The Next-Gen AI-Powered and Affordable OTC Hearing Aids
It learns from users’ daily actions to predict and minimize the impact of noise in typical audio environments such as home, office, public transit, busy streets, and restaurants.
- HoneyNaps Receives U.S. FDA Approval for Groundbreaking AI Sleep Disorder Diagnosis Software
HoneyNaps’ AI solution for diagnosing sleep disorders, ‘SOMNUM,’ transcends conventional video image reading systems for biosignals. It leverages deep learning-based AI to perform real-time analysis of vast volumes of multi-channel/time series biosignals, setting a new standard for accuracy and transparency in the field.
- Virgin Pulse and HealthComp Announce Intent to Merge to Create Comprehensive Employer Health Platform
By using an advanced technology and data platform that leverages AI, the combined organization will deploy innovative and flexible health plan designs that drive improved member health outcomes, engagement, and awareness across the most important aspects of a person’s healthcare journey.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Reveals 2022’s Most Sought-After Procedures
Looking at a post-pandemic world compared to data from 2019, ASPS has seen significant growth in the number of procedures performed overall. Patients are no longer putting off the procedures they have been considering, which may be attributed to more time spent working from home and the flexibility hybrid work schedules offer patients for recovery.
- Attune’s National Poll Highlights Overwhelming Parental Concern about School Shutdowns due to Heat or COVID-19
“After a summer filled with wildfire smoke, and as COVID-19 hospitalizations are rising once more, it’s clear that monitoring indoor air quality is an essential part of student wellness,” said Serene Almomen, CEO and Co-Founder of Attune.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301942401.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Health News: 12 Stories You Need to See first appeared on NY Elite Magazine.