A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy sports industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Merrell’s new trail running shoes and NFL Draft ice cream bars and caps.
NEW YORK, April 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the sports industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- SNICKERS® Ice Cream Partners with 2023 NFL Draft Pick Bryce Young to Introduce First-Ever “SNICKERS® Bryce Cream Bar”
“It’s a dream come true to see a SNICKERS Ice Cream bar with my name on it,” said Bryce Young. “I am beyond excited to be part of the 2023 NFL Draft alongside SNICKERS Ice Cream and can’t wait to share our SNICKERS Bryce Cream Bars with fans.”
- Merrell® Releases MTL Skyfire 2 Designed for Elite Trail Runners
Merrell Product Line Manager, Jon Sanregret, said, “Like a track spike for the mountain, it has a unique blend of traction, under-foot protection and agility that lends itself perfectly to vertical mountain race environments and athletes looking to run far and fast.”
- NFL FLAG-In-School Kicks Off 10th Year of Engaging Students in the Love of Sport
Beginning April 25, educators and community-based organizations can apply for a free NFL FLAG-In-School flag football kit to strengthen and enhance their physical education curriculum and equipment. Applications will close Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
- The Washed Lord Invitational: Ben Baller’s Inaugural Golf Tournament to Feature Celebrity Guests and Incredible Prizes
“This tournament is all about changing the future of the game of golf,” Baller said. “Golf is a dope game with a rich history, but we want to make it more accessible and exciting for people of all backgrounds and the goal is to put some swag and hype into golf.”
- New Era Cap Welcomes 2023 NFL Draft Class with New Collection
Fans will have the opportunity to wear the same styles as their favorite team’s draft pick with caps that include the iconic 59FIFTY. The look is completed with an assortment of team apparel including short-sleeve t-shirts in men’s and women’s styles along with a hoodie sweatshirt.
- Cambodia to Host 32nd Southeast Asian Games: May 5 – 17
The SEA Games will bring together over five thousand athletes from the 11 countries of Southeast Asia.
- Pickleball for All Generations: How the Sport is Bringing People Together and Building a Community
People of all ages, abilities and backgrounds have fallen in love with the fastest growing sport in America: Pickleball. During this National Pickleball Month, Life Time, the country’s largest provider of pickleball courts across its athletic country clubs, has become the hub for showcasing the wide appeal of the sport across generations.
- Saddle Up For The Kentucky Derby With FanDuel, The Only Sportsbook Where You Can Bet The Race
As an Official Sports Wagering Partner of The Kentucky Derby, FanDuel will bring fans to the track through exciting betting options and FanDuel TV coverage from the industry’s most respected experts.
- International Soccer Academy and FC Bayern Munich Work Together to Identify Top Youth Soccer Players in the USA
“The US soccer landscape has established itself as a huge source of talent,” said Dee Kundra, Managing Director (Americas) at FC Bayern München. “We are committed to nurturing the next generation of players, offering the chance for them to grow in a world class academy like ours. Together with the International Soccer Academy, we look forward to welcoming players.”
- Trailblazing Change: Central Oregon Trail Alliance Enhances Bend’s Mountain Bike Trails for Adaptive Riders
During the assessment, the team will ride trails and document key components such as trailhead accessibility, tread width, grade, and cross slope. This information will then be publicized so that adaptive riders can make informed decisions about what trails they would like to ride.
- Sport Fishing Championship Kicks Off Second Season in the Dominican Republic
The season’s kickoff comes on the heels of SFC’s wildly successful The Catch Presented by Fritos, a made-for-TV competition that paired SFC’s top anglers with NFL players to create star-studded teams.
Read more of the latest sports-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNsports on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Life Time and Polaris.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-sports-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301810156.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Sports News: 11 Stories You Need to See first appeared on NY Elite Magazine.
Stars - NY Elite Magazine originally published at Stars - NY Elite Magazine