A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a record-setting indoor coaster and new itineraries from Celebrity Cruises.
NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Silver Dollar City Reveals Record-Setting Indoor Family Coaster
Opening in spring of 2024, the highly-anticipated attraction joins the park’s lineup of revolutionary rides. Located in the newly incorporated Fire District, FIRE IN THE HOLE doubles the size of one of The City’s most popular areas, already home to Station No. 3 firehouse and a collection of family-friendly attractions.
- United to Resume Beijing Flying; Reintroduces Daily Service to Shanghai
“We are grateful for this positive step forward in U.S. – China passenger air services, and we thank the many officials from both countries who partnered to make this reinstatement of air service possible,” said Patrick Quayle, Senior Vice President of Global Network Planning and Alliances.
- IHG Hotels & Resorts Launches New Midscale Conversion Brand Garner- an IHG Hotel
With a promise to deliver ‘easy going stays that get you on your way,’ Garner is designed for value-driven travellers of all ages who want a reliable and relaxed experience. The brand will offer an affordable price point alongside the things that guests value most, such as a convenient location, a sound night’s sleep, and a great, complimentary hot breakfast.
- Give Kids The World Village Offers Chance to Win a Magical Celebration Vacation Package To Help Grant Wishes for Critically Ill Children
One lucky winner and three guests will enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime Magical Celebration Vacation Package featuring a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite, located inside the iconic Cinderella Castle four stories above the Magic Kingdom® Park and Walt Disney World® Resort.
- Sabre launches Lodging AI, expanding its suite of intelligent solutions powered by Sabre Travel AI
Lodging AI can help travel agencies improve hotel attachment rates, creating additional revenue opportunities and providing travelers with more personalized lodging options.
- Celebrity Cruises Continues Caribbean Expansion with the Announcement of New Itineraries Bringing Four Ships to Three Florida Ports
Embarking from three Florida ports: Central Florida’s Port Canaveral, West Florida’s Port Tampa Bay, and South Florida’s Port Everglades, travelers will enjoy more than 40 new itineraries, all open for booking on August 22, 2023.
- CheapCaribbean Vacations Launches the Budget Beach Finder, a Brand New Feature For Travelers to Find the Best Deals for their Next Caribbean Vacation
The tool holds three features including the deal calendar, the deal map and a customizable search option with budget filters, providing a unique and easy way for beach lovers to compare and book all-inclusive vacation packages across a variety of destinations where they’ll have their best “woohoo moments” at the best values possible.
- Newest Crayola® Family Attraction Slated for Popular Vacation Destination in Tennessee
The 30,000-square-foot indoor family entertainment center planned for Pigeon Forge will have more than 20 hands-on attractions and a retail store featuring the world’s largest selection of Crayola products and unique souvenirs. Visitors will delight in innovative, never-before-seen attractions, as well as beloved, one-of-a-kind Crayola Experience activities.
- Offsite Launches “Airbnb for Team Retreats” to Reconnect Remote and Hybrid Companies
Through Offsite’s Airbnb-style marketplace, users can now create an account, search across hundreds of curated team retreat venues, and submit requests for room blocks, meeting space, and more with a few clicks. Within 24-48 hours, users will then receive proposals from their chosen venues with an average discount of 20%, simplifying the end-to-end offsite planning experience for companies planning team retreats and hotel vendors alike.
- Summer Surge to Fall Frenzy: Fall Travel Forecast Reveals Searches Are Up for Autumn Escapes
According to Expedia, flight searches for fall are up 15%, and hotel searches increased 20% compared to fall 2022. As temperatures drop, so do prices, providing plenty of opportunities for budget-savvy travelers to score a getaway for less.
- Aspiration and Fareportal Partner to Help Travelers Mitigate Their Carbon Footprint
Utilizing Aspiration’s APIs and proprietary greenhouse gas emissions methodologies to estimate the carbon emissions of each transaction, Fareportal customers will soon be able to calculate their estimated carbon footprint for reserved flights, hotels, and rental cars. Fareportal customers will then be offered the opportunity to reduce these emissions through Aspiration’s third-party reforestation program.
- Hyde Ibiza Now Open for Limited Summer Preview Season with Special Offer
Located in Cala Llonga, one of the most idyllic corners of the White Island, Hyde Ibiza features terraces in every room, along with multiple pools and culinary hotspots, as well as direct beach access to one of Ibiza’s most Instagrammable hidden coves across a breathtaking mountain backdrop.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Wheels Up.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-travel-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301904153.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Travel News: 12 Stories You Need to See first appeared on NY Elite Magazine.