Saw and Saw II will be returning to theaters for a blood-soaked double feature ahead of the premiere of Saw X.
James Wan’s Saw launched one of the biggest horror franchises of all time, and almost twenty years since it first began, the premiere of the tenth installment of the franchise is just weeks away. As Saw X takes place between the events of the first two movies, it’s only fitting that the Alamo Drafthouse is bringing Saw and Saw II back to theaters for a killer double feature.
This will give fans a very welcome opportunity to see Saw and Saw II on the big screen before the release of Saw X. You can check out a list of locations screening the Saw double feature below:
- Arlington, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Crystal City) – Sept 20
- Ashburn, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Loudoun) – Sept 20
- Austin, TX (Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar) – Sept 16
- Charlottesville , VA (Alamo Drafthouse Charlottesville) – Sept 20
- Chicago, IL (Alamo Drafthouse Wrigleyville) – Sept 16
- Corpus Christi, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Corpus Christi) – TBC Date
- El Paso, TX (Alamo Drafthouse East El Paso) – Sept 19
- Katy, TX (Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra) – Sept 16
- Laredo, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Laredo) – TBC Date
- Los Angeles, CA (Alamo Drafthouse DTLA) – Sept 16
- New York, NY (Alamo Drafthouse Lower Manhattan & Brooklyn) – Sept 16
- Raleigh, NC (Alamo Drafthouse Raleigh) – Sept 16
- San Antonio, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Park North) – Sept 16
- Springfield, MO (Alamo Drafthouse Springfield) – Sept 16
- St. Louis, MO (Alamo Drafthouse City Foundry) – Sept 15
- Washington, DC (Alamo Drafthouse DC Bryant Street) – Sept 20
- Westminster, CO (Alamo Drafthouse Westminster) – TBC Date
- Winchester, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Winchester) – Sept 16
- Woodbridge, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Woodbridge) – Sept 20
The last few films in the franchise were seriously light on John Kramer/Jigsaw, but Saw X director Kevin Greutert has said that the new sequel will feature more of Tobin Bell’s Jigsaw than in any other film in the franchise. “Kramer is the centre of the story,” Greutert said. “They tried to make the last Saw without Tobin, and to me, that was a pretty gutsy move.”
“John Kramer (Tobin Bell) is back. The most chilling installment of the SAW franchise yet explores the untold chapter of Jigsaw’s most personal game,” reads the official Saw X synopsis. “Set between the events of SAW I and II, a sick and desperate John travels to Mexico for a risky and experimental medical procedure in hopes of a miracle cure for his cancer – only to discover the entire operation is a scam to defraud the most vulnerable. Armed with a newfound purpose, John returns to his work, turning the tables on the con artists in his signature visceral way through a series of ingenious and terrifying traps.“
Saw X will hit theaters on September 29th.
Originally published at https://www.joblo.com/saw-saw-2-double-feature/
The post Saw and Saw II returning to theaters for double feature ahead of Saw X premiere first appeared on Digital Gossips.